Ok, a lot of events are still running from our previous weeks posts here and here. Things that are well worth seeing include Trinity College Shakespeare Festival, NCAD Graduate & Postgraduate Exhibitions 2012, Time out of Mind – IMMA and RHA Summer Show.
So what’s new (or at least what’s happening this week only):
1. Low Anthem – Friday – 15/06/2012 – Whelans – The Rhode Island indie folk band are back in town. I went last time, and it’s lovely music, simple but quite beautiful. A smaller venue this time, and I think they’ll work even better there.
2. Chris Cornell – Wednesday – 13/06/2012 – Olympia – Are you ready to Rock? The Soundgarden main man is back to unleash his vocal cords on a Dublin crowd. No one screams quite like him!
3. Bloomsday – 16/06/2012 – How many times have I tried to get through this book? I had a real attempt this year, and got past page 100, but still was vanquished. Maybe I’ll try again next year. For those that made it to the last page, and for those you pretend that they did, there’s a list of events here, they run all week.
4. Taste of Dublin – 14 – 17th – This is one of those events that I never though would last, but it’s back again this year, and has Jamie Oliver opening the show on Thursday. I guess there’s a lot of foodies out there! Details are here.
5. Charles Tyrell – New Paintings – Taylor Gallery, Kildare street – One of Ireland’s finest abstract artists is back with a show of new work. It runs until July 12th. Details are here.
If I’ve missed anything, or something you think deserves a mention, then add to the comments section below.